Thursday, February 26, 2009

In My Future

I am in the twelth grade and expecting to graduate this June with the class of 2009. After high school I plan on attending a four year college in New York or either Pennslyvania. I'm not sure of what I will major in when I get to college because I'm not really sure of what career path I want to follow.

I know that I love working with young kids and I always have; since I don't have any little brothers or sisters of my own. Although I love working with kids I DON'T want to be a teacher. So I was thinking of maybe being a social worker or doing something else that involves helping kids. Right now I work at an elementary school in Brooklyn helping first graders improve on their reading skills through an afterschool program called "READ:Teens lead...Children read". Here's the organization's link-----> http://www.readnyc.org/

I haven't really gotten a chance to explore different interests, so i don't know what I could really be interested in. I am hoping that I will be able to find out more about myself when I enter college and explore different interests so that I can work towards a succesful future doing something that I love. I also want to do alot of traveling to places that i've never been before so that i can see more of the country that I live in and also explore other beautiful countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment